Computer Science – Funding for Student Group Activities
Princeton Computer Science student groups are invited to apply for funding for research, educational pursuits, and professional development activities outside of the classroom.
- Princeton Computer Science student groups/organizations
- Participants must include COS majors
- The activity should have a Computer Science focus
What We Will Not Fund
- Individual Princeton student requests for undergraduate conference travel, research equipment/materials, books, supplies, computers/computer peripherals
- Requests for startup funds
- Funding requests to support an entrepreneurial/business venture
- Funding requests for independent work/senior thesis research
- Application opens: September 1
- Application deadline: October 15
- Application opens: January 15
- Application deadline: February 15
- Complete the application form (the form will become available during the application windows)
- Within the form, upload a detailed budget of your proposed expenses
- Within the form, upload a letter of recommendation from your advisor
- Funds will be transferred to the student organization’s chart string
- All travel plans must be submitted and approved in Enroll My Trip.
- Requests must be entered at least one month prior to your trip (ideally well in advance).
- International travel applicants must follow all university policies for international travel, including safety, permits, and approvals.
- Review the rules regarding the rental or use of vehicles while on University-sponsored trips.
- Applicants must provide proof that they have obtained all necessary approvals prior to funding being released.
- Provide a full account of your project expenses and copies of your receipts
- Return unspent funds via check payable to The Trustees of Princeton University
- Submit a final project report including a narrative of the research/activities undertaken with the support of the award, photos when possible, and an acknowledgment to the donor of the funds
- Students may seek supplemental funding from other academic departments and centers
- Students should look for funding opportunities on SAFE
- Students can apply for funds from the Keller Center
- Students should discuss the opportunity with their advisor
- All activities must be approved by the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students
- Contact studentfunding (@lists.cs.princeton.edu)