DeCenter Seminar Series Kickoff
Join us for the first seminar series event for Princeton's new Center for the Decentralization of Power Through Blockchain Technology, also known as DeCenter. Lunch will be available beginning at noon.
This first event will have two parts: first, the DeCenter co-directors, Dean Andrea Goldsmith and Professor Jaswinder Singh will speak about the goals for the new center. Then, a panel will discuss some of the technology and applications aspirations around blockchains along with their implications for society.
Introduction to DeCenter:
- Andrea J. Goldsmith, Dean of the School of Engineering and Applied Science, Arthur LeGrand Doty Professor of Electrical Engineering, and co-director of DeCenter
- Jaswinder Singh, Professor of Computer Science, Technology, and Societal Change, co-director of DeCenter
Technology, Applications, and Society, a panel discussion moderated by Professor Singh, featuring:
- Maria Apostolaki, Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Nolan McCarty, Susan Dod Brown Professor of Politics and Public Affairs and Director of the Center for Data-Driven Social Science
- Andrés Monroy-Hernández, Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- Pramod Viswanath, Forrest G. Hamrick Professor in Engineering
Members of the public (without Princeton affiliation) who wish to attend must register. PUID holders do not need to register.
And stay tuned for future DeCenter seminars!
Monthly seminars will take place fully in-person on the first Thursday of the month from 12:30 p.m. - 1:20 p.m. in Computer Science Room 105. Videos of seminars will be made available after the event. The next seminar will take place on November 3.