- My name is pronounced as "dan-/'chE/" (I know "qi" is not easy to pronounce). My friends like to call me "CDQ" though.
- I was born and grew up in Changsha, China. In the past, I have also "lived" in Beijing, Hong Kong, Palo Alto, New York, Boston and Seattle.
- Here are two papers that I wrote in high school (in Chinese):  and  and they are known as "plug-like dynamic programming" and "CDQ's divide-and-conquer" today.
- Whenever I am not thinking about research, I enjoy most outdoor activities (running, hiking, biking... esp. long-distance wise) and also spend a lot of time reading books, watching movies and exploring nice restaurants and coffee shops.
- Some of my portraits: , ,  (credit: Lu Wang).