Computer Science 435
Information Retrieval, Discovery, and Delivery
General Information |
and Readings |
Work of the Course |
Project Page |
May 15, 2002:
- Extra class is at noon today in our usual room.
- Solutions to Problem 3 of Problem Set 4, by Paul Simbi, was distributed
in class on May 1.
April 16, 2002: Problem Set 4 is now complete.
If you downloaded or printed this problem set this afternoon, please check
that you have the final version. An incomplete version was erroneously posted
for a few minutes this afternoon.
April 3, 2002, 2nd entry: Solutions to
Problem Set 2
are now available online.
April 3, 2002:
- The take-home exam will be available by hardcopy only,
tomorrow at 9am. If I am not in my office, my secretary, Mitra Kelly, in
room 323 will have copies. The exam is due 5pm, Tuesday April 9, 2002.
- Hardcopy solutions to Problem 4 of Problem Set 1 are ready and will be
handed out in class today, as will your graded papers.
- Solutions to Problem Set 3 will be available by hardcopy in class today
or online after class.
- ERRATA to solutions for Problem 2b of Problem Set 1: The discussion is
fine, but I get different actual numbers:
D_q S=[.05, 1.11] (compared to [0.167, 2.82] in the solutions).
March 9, 2002:
- Hardcopies of solutions to Problemn 1 of Problem Set 1, by
Jeffrey Bigham, were handed out in class on Wednesday (3/6).
- Since my schedule did not permit timely posting of Problem Set 2, the
due date is being extended. Check back for the posting of problems and due date.
- Please see new readings posted for 2/25 (under "Also of interest")
and for 3/4 and 3/6.
- We will have a guest speaker Monday (3/12): George
Tzanetakis will talk about his work on audio (music, sounds) information retrieval
March 4, 2002: Hardcopies of solutions to Problems 2 and 3 of Problem Set 1,
by Ben Haskell, were handed out in class today. See me for a copy if you did
not get one.
March 3, 2002: A brief project proposal is due tomorrow. An email paragraph is
sufficient. Anyone who is still at a loss for a project idea, should make an
appointment to see me (Prof. LaPaugh) this week.
February 21, 2002: Problem 4 of Problem set 1
was added Tuesday (2/19) night. This completes the set of problems.
February 18, 2002: I will hold office hours on Mondays and Wednesdays
right after class (12:20PM) until 1PM. I often am available later than
1PM, but cannot guarantee it. If you prefer to make an appointment for
another time, catch me after class or email me. You are welcome to stop by
my office to make an appointment, but since I split my time between my CS office
and my Forbes office, it is harder to just catch me in.
February 18, 2002: Problem Set 1: 3 of 4 problems are now online.
Sun Mar 3 17:11:53 EST 2002