v COS 326: Functional Programming (Fall 2021)
Caml
Power

Assignments

All times on times on this page are Eastern US (NY) Time. All assignments are due at 11:59pm Eastern US (NY) Time on the due date, except the last assignment, which is due at 4:59pm Eastern US (NY) Time at the Dean's Date deadline.

Please see the course info page for information about late penalties. The last assignment may NOT be submitted late.

Do not begin work on assignments in this class until you have read and understood the course collaboration policy.

Do not begin work on the first assignment in this class until after the first lecture slot.

In general, please do not start any assignment until the "assigned" date in the table below. We very likely will be updating/changing the assignments before that time. Note: timing and due dates of assignments are NOT fixed and may be adjusted to accord with material covered in lecture and precept.

Number Link Assigned Due Submit
1 Collatz 09/01 09/09 Tigerfile 1
2 Boxoffice Trivia 09/09 09/16 Tigerfile 2
3 Sudoku Solving and SAT 09/16 09/27 Tigerfile 3
4 Interpreter (skip Program Correctness) 09/23 10/14 Tigerfile 4
5 Program Correctness 10/28 11/4 Tigerfile 5
6 Moogle 11/4 11/18 Tigerfile 6
7 Data-Parallel Programming 12/01 12/14
Dean's Date
Tigerfile 7

The projected weights for assignments 1-7 are: [5; 10; 15; 20; 10; 20; 20]. The total is 100% of the assignment grade, which makes up 60% of the overall grade in the course. Tests/midterms will make up the other 40%. However, because some assignments are new, and others have changed, and because exams sometimes turn out to be harder or easier than we expect, we reserve the right to change the final weighting as we see fit.