I am a third-year PhD student in Department of Computer Science, Princeton University. I am working with Professor Jennifer Rexford.
I received my B.Eng degree in Electronic Engineering from Tsinghua University in July 2010. I finished my senior thesis in New Generation Network Laboratory.
- February 2013: Release HONE sources on Github
- September 2012: I continue my internship project with
Bing's Autopilot team in the fall.
- June 2012: I start a summer internship in Microsoft Research Redmond & Bing team.
- May 2012: I earn my M.A. degree from CS Department in Princeton University.
My research interests are broad in large-scale networked systems. They mainly fall into the following categories:
- Scalable and efficient traffic management in datacenters
- Large-scale network measurement and performance diagnosis
- Peng Sun, Minlan Yu, Michael J. Freedman, and Jennifer Rexford. Identifying Performance Bottlenecks in CDNs through TCP-Level Monitoring. ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Measurements Up the STack (W-MUST) 2011, Toronto Ontario, Canada, August 2011. [PDF] [Slides]
- Chuanxiong Guo, Guohan Lu, Helen Wang, Shuang Yang, Chao Kong, Peng Sun, Wenfei Wu, Yongguang Zhang. SecondNet: A Data Center Network Virtualization Architecture with Bandwidth Guarantees. ACM CoNEXT 2010, Philadelphia PA, USA, December 2010 [PDF]
- Yang Chen, Peng Sun, Xiaoming Fu, Tianyin Xu. Improving Prediction Accuracy of Matrix Factorization Based Network Coordinate Systems. IEEE ICCCN 2010, Zurich, Switzerland, August 2010 [PDF]
- Peng Sun, Yang Chen, Yibo Zhu, Xiaoming Fu, Beixing Deng, Xing Li. Dimension Reduction of Network Bottleneck Bandwidth Data Space. IEEE INFOCOM 2010 Student Workshop, San Diego CA, USA, March 2010 [Abstract] [Poster]
- Peng Sun, Yang Chen, Beixing Deng, Xing Li. Neighbor Selection Based on TIV Severity Sort Model in Vivaldi Network Coordinate System. IEEE ICNP 2009 Poster Session, Princeton NJ, USA, October 2009 [Abstract] [Poster]
- Teaching Assistant in Computer Networks, Spring 2012 (COS 461)
- Teaching Assistant in Computers in Our Worlds, Fall 2011 (COS 109)
- Compiling Techniques, Spring 2012 (COS 320)
- Advanced Computer Systems, Fall 2011(COS 518)
- Advanced Topics in Computer Science - Principles of Database and Information System, Fall 2011 (COS 597A)
- Theory of Algorithms, Spring 2011 (COS 423)
- Special Topics in Informations Sciences and Systems - Optimization of Communication Systems, Spring 2011 (ELE 539A)
- Advanced Computer Networks, Fall 2010 (COS 561)
- Artificial Intelligence, Fall 2010 (COS 402)
- Advanced Topics in Computer Science - Future Datacenter Networks and Systems, Fall 2010 (COS 597B)
- HONE: Programmable Host/Network Traffic Management Platform
Amazon EC2 Public AMI: HONE-enabled Ubuntu 11.04 ami-d92ebab0