Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics. - G. H. Hardy
Sixue Cliff Liu
Ph.D. Candidate in Computer Science
Email: Firstname + L at princeton dot edu
Office: 194 Nassau Street 307
Hi! I'm a fourth year PhD student in the Theory Group of Computer Science Department at Princeton University, where I'm extremely fortunate to be advised by Robert Tarjan.
Previously, I obtained my M.S. degree from Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Sciences, Tsinghua University.
My main research interests lie in Algorithmic Graph Theory.
I'm very generously supported by a 2017-18 Gordon Y.S. Wu Fellowship. I was also a research intern at Microsoft Research (Redmond) in the winter of 2016-17.
- Sepehr Assadi, S. Cliff Liu, Robert E. Tarjan. An Auction Algorithm for Bipartite Matching in Streaming and Massively Parallel Computation Models.
SIAM Symposium on Simplicity in Algorithms (SOSA 2021)
- S. Cliff Liu, Robert E. Tarjan, Peilin Zhong. Connected Components on a PRAM in Log Diameter Time. [arxiv] [slides] [video]
ACM Symposium on Parallelism in Algorithms and Architectures (SPAA 2020)
- S. Cliff Liu. Lower Bounds for Small Ramsey Numbers on Hypergraphs. [arxiv] [slides]
International Computing and Combinatorics Conference (COCOON 2019)
- S. Cliff Liu, Robert E. Tarjan. Simple Concurrent Labeling Algorithms for Connected Components. [arxiv] [slides]
Symposium on Simplicity in Algorithms (SOSA 2019)
- S. Cliff Liu. Chain, Generalization of Covering Code, and Deterministic Algorithm for k-SAT. [arxiv] [slides]
International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP 2018)
- S. Liu, Gerard de Melo. Should Algorithms for Random SAT and MaxSAT be Different? [arxiv] [slides]
AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2017)
- S. Liu, Periklis A. Papakonstantinou. Local Search for Hard SAT Formulas: the Strength of the Polynomial Law. [arxiv]
AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2016)
Last update: October 2020
© 2017 S. Cliff Liu