COS 226 Midterm Information, Spring 2018
Time and location:
- The midterm is during lecture on Monday, March 12 from 11-12:20pm.
- The midterm rooms are
- Precepts P01, P02, P02A, P05, P05A: McDonnell A02 (new room)
- Precepts P03, P04, P04A, P04B, P05B : Friend 101 (traditional lecture room)
Failure to go to the right room can result in a serious deduction on the exam.
There will be no makeup exams except under extraordinary circumstances
(such as a medical emergency) and with the support of a Dean.
In-class exams are governed by the Undergraduate Honor System.
- Closed book, closed note.
- You may bring one 8.5-by-11 sheet (one side) with notes in your own
handwriting to the exam.
- Computers, calculators, and electronic communication devices are forbidden.
Headphones attached to audio devices are also prohibited.
- Sit one one seat apart from other students and avoid sitting near
students with whom you've studied.
Midterm Office Hours
are the same. See the syllabus page.
Midterm Review Session
The class meeting (March 7) and precept (March 8) before the exam will be devoted to review.
- Algorithms, 4th edition, Sections 1.3–1.5, Chapter 2, and Chapter 3.
- Lectures 1–10.
- Programming assignments 1–4.
Algorithms and data structures emphasized in this course:
||stacks and queues
||Analysis of Algorithms
|binary search trees
||left-leaning red-black BSTs
A good way to practice for the midterm is to solve problems from