To install the Scribbler Control Program (PC only):
- Using Mozilla Firefox, right click on the link below and 'Save Link As...' to your Desktop: http://www.cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/spring08/cos116/ExtractSCP.exe.
- On your Desktop, double click on the downloaded file to run it.
- When the Installer runs, tell it to extract to 'C:\SCP', to 'Overwrite' existing files, and then click 'Start'.
- To run the Scribbler Control Panel:
- Open 'Personal Files' on the Desktop.
- Click 'Computer' in the location bar.
- Select 'Cluster_HD (C:)', then 'SCP'.
- Open 'SGPI.exe'
If you are installing the Scribbler Control Program on your own computer, you may need to take some additional steps:
Install .Net Framework: If SGPI.exe fails to run, it may be because you don't have the Microsoft .Net Framework, version 2.0. To install this software:
- Click here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&DisplayLang=en
- Click the 'Download' button.
- Click 'Run', then 'Run' again when it asks you again.
- Accept the license agreement.
- The installation could take awhile.
Lacking a serial port? If your computer doesn't have a serial port (and many newer computers do not), please contact the course staff to borrow a Serial-to-USB adapter.