This course studies computer networks and the services built on top of
them. Topics include network layering and protocols, discovery and routing,
distributed resource allocation, Internet applications, and network case
Prerequisite: COS 217. Although not required, taking either COS 318 or
333 before COS 461 is helpful for the programming assignments.
- Lecture: Mondays and Wednesdays, 10:00am - 10:50am. Computer Science Building, Room 104
- P01: Friday 10:00-10:50 - Sherred 101 (Melara)
- P02: Friday 11:00-11:50 - Sherrerd 101 (Erickson)
- P03: Friday 1:30-2:20 - Friend 008 (Batista)
- Professor: Mike Freedman
- Office hours: Immediately following each lecture outside COS 104
- Lead Preceptor: Sandra Batista
- Lab TAs: Aaron Doll, Katherine Li, Anna Kornfield Simpson
- Grading: Grading is based on a midterm (20%), a final exam (25%), four programming assignments (12% each), and class participation (7%).
- Questions: Please use the class Piazza site.