My Friend Mickey Coalwell, who knows lots about lots
- 1. Electricity, baby. Hendrix. Ponty. Theremin. It's all about the
- 2. Conical bore instruments. You know all about this, Perry. Louder is
- 3. Microphone. F??k that Edison acoustic horn b??????t. Mr. Microphone,
posterity thanks you for changing sound into signal.
- 4. Metal strings. Stay in tune longer, don't break, sound better,
louder. Louder is better.
- 5. Ophicleide. Louder is better.
- 6. Synthesizer. Moog, ARP, Roland, etc. Blinding us with science. Louder
is better, too.
- 7. Digital technology. 000101011010101010010101010. Hum that, please.
- 8. Hammond B-3/C-3. Has any single instrument been more ubiquitous in
all of music history??
- 9. Magnetic tape. "Paul is dead."
- 10. Frequency Modulation.