Parallel Computer Architecture: A Hardware/Software Approach
David E. Culler, University of California, Berkeley; Jaswinder Pal Singh,
Princeton University; with Anoop Gupta, Stanford University
1100 pages Cloth ISBN 1-55860-343-3 US $89.95 August 1998
For early review copies and materials, available now, please contact
Morgan Kaufmann Publishers directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For online slides, please see
Slides for Teaching Using Parallel Computer Architecture: A Hardware-Software
Slides for the first six chapters are available. More
will be available in time for teaching in the Fall.
We would also like to link up your additional materials and new case
studies, and would appreciate your letting us know of them.
We hope you enjoy this book and find it useful.
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Parallel Programs
- Chapter 3 Programming for Performance
- Chapter 4 Workload-driven Evaluation
- Chapter 5 Shared Memory Multiprocessors
- Chapter 6 Snoop-based Multiprocessor Design
- Chapter 7 Scalable Multiprocessors
- Chapter 8 Directory-based Cache Coherence
- Chapter 9 Hardware-Software Tradeoffs
- Chapter 10 Interconnection Network Design
- Chapter 11 Latency Tolerance
- Chapter 12 Future Directions
- Appendix Benchmarks