Declaring Computer Science for BSE Students
BSE’22 STUDENTS – DECLARING COMPUTER SCIENCE (CS)
Save the Dates!
THE SEAS BSE OPEN HOUSE is scheduled in for Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at 5:45 pm dinner for rising sophomores in the Convocation Rm. Welcome & presentations from 6 – 8 pm.
Please refer to emails from Peter Bogucki and Traci Miller in SEAS Engineering for details.
What are the prerequisites for the BSE COS concentrators?
- Browse the Computer Science website, especially the Undergraduate pages.
- Talk to a current major.
- Attend SEAS Open House on April 3, 2019 at 5:45 pm in the Convocation Rm. The CS presentations will be at 6:45 pm and 7:30 in CS 105. Please join us to learn about CS and to ask any questions that you may have.
- Ask the Undergraduate Program Manager, Colleen Kenny. You are welcome to send an email ckenny (@princeton.edu) or stop in room 210 of the CS building.
Where can I find answers to my Computer Science questions online?
BSE'22 Pre-Concentration Advising Steps:
The first-year pre-concentration declaration for the spring term will be (April 4 – April 14),
You must complete your Pre-Concentration Advising Form online. From the Academic Planning Form link within TigerHub you may select up to three departments in which you are interested in majoring. You will then Save and Submit your choices. This will allow the appropriate CS academic advisers to view your student record for concentration advising purposes. You must submit the pre-concentration before you can move on to Step 2.
April 15-26 is your academic advising period.
Make an appointment in WASE to meet with one of the CS academic advisers (list below) to review your course selections. At this meeting you will bring a list of courses that you plan to take in the fall semester. Only after you meet with one of the CS academic advisers and discussed your fall courses will the Pre-Concentration Advising Form will be approved. (If you do not complete steps 1 & 2 by April 28th, the SEAS Undergraduate Affairs Office will place a hold on enrollment for fall courses.)
- BSE’22 Surname A-F - Prof. Elad Hazan
- BSE’22 Surname G-L - Prof. Bernard Chazelle
- BSE’22 Surname M-R - Dr. Iasonas Petras
- BSE’22 Surname S-Z - Asst. Prof. Jia Deng