Declaring Computer Science for BSE Students
What are the prerequisites for the BSE COS concentrators?
- Browse the Computer Science website, especially the Undergraduate pages.
- Talk to a current majors.
- Attend SEAS Open House on April 3, 2019 at 5:45 pm in the Convocation Rm. The CS presentations will be held at 6:45 pm and 7:30 in CS 105. Please join us to learn about CS and to ask any questions that you may have.
- Ask the Undergraduate Program Manager, Colleen Kenny. You are welcome to send an email ckenny (@princeton.edu) or stop in room 210 of the CS building.
Where can I find answers to my Computer Science questions online?
BSE'22 Pre-Concentration Advising Steps:
The first-year pre-concentration declaration for the spring term will be (March 29 – April 2),
You must complete your Pre-Concentration Advising Form online. From the Academic Planning Form link within TigerHub you may select up to three departments in which you are interested in majoring. You will then Save and Submit your choices. This will allow the appropriate CS academic advisers to view your student record for concentration advising purposes. You must submit the pre-concentration before you can move on to Step 2.
April 15-26 is your academic advising period.
If you plan to declare Computer Science as your concentration, make an appointment in WASE to meet with one of the CS academic advisers (list below) to review your course selections. At this meeting you will bring a list of courses that you plan to take in the fall semester. Only after you meet with one of the CS academic advisers and discussed your fall courses will the Pre-Concentration Advising Form will be approved. (If you do not complete steps 1 & 2 by April 26th, the SEAS Undergraduate Affairs Office will place a hold on enrollment for fall courses.)
- BSE’22 Surname A-F - Prof. Elad Hazan CS 409 ehazan make appt.
- BSE’22 Surname G-L - Prof. Bernard Chazelle 194 Nassau St. Rm. 301 chazelle make appt.
- BSE’22 Surname M-R - Dr. Iasonas Petras Corwin Hall Rm. 033 ipetras make appt.
- BSE’22 Surname S-Z - Asst. Prof. Jia Deng CS 423 jiadeng make appt.