Computer Science 435
Information Retrieval, Discovery, and Delivery
General Information |
and Assignments | Project Page |
May 25: Solutions to the second
exam are now available.
Set 6 (pdf) are now available
- Anyone who would like his or her graded PS 6 before class Monday
can pick it up in the COS 435 bin outside Prof. LaPaugh's office
- Prof. LaPaugh will have extra office hours tomorrow (Fri. Apr 22)
from 11am - 12:30pm.
April 17: now available
class (1:30pm) Wednesday,
April 27. The second exam will have the same format
as exam 1, and the same reference materials will be allowed.
April 12: Solutions
Set 4 (pdf) are now available.
March 29: The WASS
calendar for scheduling project progess reports with Professor LaPaugh
is now available. Note that Professor LaPaugh owns two WASS
calendars. Use the one entitled COS 435 Calendar. The
searching under its title or owner's name
"LaPaugh" or owner's NetID "aslp". See the Project Page for details on what is
required for this progress report.
March 7: Solutions
3 (pdf) are now available.
March 3: Results and
comments for Problem Set 2 (pdf) are now available.
- Take-home Exam 1 will be distributed
March 9 and DUE
3:00 PM Friday, March 11. You are allowed to
use the following reference materials while taking the exam:
- your personal notes and problem set submissions,
- the problem set solutions posted on the course Web site,
- Introduction to Information
Retrieval by Manning, Raghavan, and Schütze,
- class notes and any of the readings posted on the “Schedule and
Readings” page of the Web site for the course under “Reading” or “Also
of interest”. (Check the “Schedule and Readings” page for updates
on the readings and class notes.)
No other materials are allowed.
February 21, 2011: Solutions
to Problem Set 1 (pdf) are now available.
February 3, 2011: Office hours have been decided:
- Andrea LaPaugh: Mondays 3-4:30 PM or by appointment
- Siyu Yang: Tuesdays 1-2:30 PM or by appointment
January 30, 2011:
to COS 435.