Here are just a few places where you can get lots of useful information.
some time exploring them and try to remember what kinds
of information is availble. Some of these sites may be very
helpful during the Treasure
- Princeton University - If it's
in Princeton, there is probably a link from the Princeton University web
page. Academic deadlines, course info, student organizations, theater
times, hotel reservations, etc.
- INJersey - Want to find a
restaurant, movie, or high school sports score in New Jersey? This is the
place to do it. INJersey is a great resource for just about anything NJ.
- NJO - Like INJersey, New Jersey
Online (NJO) is a great place to find news and information about NJ.
- Sidewalk.com - Sidewalk.com is a
nationwide list of places to go and things to do, all sorted by region.
It's best suited for finding events in the largest metropolitan areas.
- Princeton Online - Town, not gown.
News and Sports
- CNN - Want to keep track of the
latest-breaking headlines? Few sites beat CNN for ordinary news from
around the world.
- Fox News - Like CNN, this is a
great place to get the latest headlines, sports scores and international
- ESPN - Just like the cable channel
it supplements, this site boasts up to the minute sports scores and inside
scoops on the latest trades, deals and scandals in the wide world of
- Webster's Dictionary -
Look it up at WWWebster's, one of the best online dictionaries around.
- Encyclopedia Britanica - 'nuff said.
- MapQuest - Need directions?
MapQuest can tell you how far it is, how long it will take you, and exactly
what path to take. It will even let you print a detailed personalized map
for your upcoming road trip.
- InfoSpace - Looking for a phone
or email address, but don't have a phone book handy? Try InfoSpace.
You can even do reverse searches to find out what name goes with a given
- IRS - Visit the Internal Revenue
Service to calculate how much money you owe Uncle Sam.
- DBC - The Data Broadcasting Corp.
will give you up-to-the-minute stock quotes and other financial goodies
Entertainment and Culture
- IMDB - The Internet Movie
Database holds information on just about every movie ever made.
History - A great repository of American culture and history.
- TV Guide - You know the one.
Science and Technology
- NSF - The National Science
Foundation is a good starting place for science-related issues.
- NASA - Visit NASA to see great
pictures from Mars or find out how you can become an astronaut.
- Scientific American - Catch up on
the latest scientific news and read articles taken from the paper