COS 426 Home
Project 5 hints
- First of all, go to the precepts either Mon 8:00pm or
Thu 3:30pm in CS Bldg. 105.
- Next, make use of our office hours
and lab hours.
- Also, you can always send us e-mail or post questions to the newsgroup.
- Check out how to setup your
account to run the COS 426 programs.
- A word of wisdom: "Novice programmers often neglect the
design phase, instead diving into coding without giving
thought to the evolution of a piece of software over time.
The result is a haphazard, poorly modularized code which is
difficult to maintain and modify. A few minutes of planning
short-term and long-term goals at the beginning is time well
spent." (Paul Heckbert, Writing a Ray Tracer, in
An Introduction to Ray Tracing, edited by Andrew
- Most of what you need to implement will be in the file
- Take a look at this brief
description of the subset of inventor we are using.
- Stay tuned for more...