COS 109 Survey Results
Thanks to everyone who filled in the survey.
Here's the synopsis for about 30 people:
Your major or likely or possible major (with some double-counting and some where
I failed to transcribe):
- politics 9 (lumping international relations, public policy, Woody Woo, etc., all together)
- history 8
- econ 6
- english 6
- psych 2; comparative lit, african studies, architecture, art history, east asian at 1 each
- the ever popular Undecided 4
Your computer experience: none 5 some 24 a lot 1
What kinds? surfing 25 word processing 29 spreadsheet 14 programming 2
Do you/will you have your own computer at Princeton?
If yes, what kind?
15 laptops, 7 desktops, 2 Macs, and a variety not specifically identified
Are there any topics you would especially like to have covered in class?
- building web pages was clearly the winner -- there are several labs for you.
- spreadsheets -- we'll do a bit; whether they show up in labs is undecided.
- programming -- there's some Visual Basic in class and 2 labs.
- how to use computers and the net more effectively, why do
computers freeze up, ... -- we'll do bits and pieces on all of these,
and you should always feel free to ask off the wall questions.